Monday, October 8, 2007

Few New Things With The Short Stack

Today Clayton and I went to go visit his Great-Grandma and Great-Aunt MaryBeth. When we went to leave this afternoon, I was telling Clayton what kind of shoes I was putting on. Boots. I said it several times and he got it! Well, we get down to Cross Plains (after a BIG mess with soft chocolate chip cookies). I tried to put him down when we get to the house and he cries. He is not used to Grandma and MaryBeth yet. Well, after a bit of coaxing, he finally is used to them. We spent about an hour visiting. When we leave Clayton starts saying bye-bye (not too terribly new), but when we get out to the car (MaryBeth is carrying him) she tells him love you, and yes, HE SAYS IT BACK! Now, it doesn't come out like you and I say it but it's there! Its just all smooshed together. My little man is getting it out!

Here lately we have noticed Clayton, not repeating what we say, but repeating the tone of our voice. In the last 2 days or so, Clayton is getting good at starting to repeat words. This is absolutely wonderful.

No comments:

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones